Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Commenting on this Blog

People have emailed me saying that they can't comment on this blog and I can't figure out how to do it. The one comment I received by email that allowed me to publish I did. Since then I've gotten other emails but they weren't sent "through" the blog so that I could publish them. One of them I am copying here as it is another wonderful word origin. To my friends from Table One, I WILL figure this out when I get back from Algeria. Meanwhile, very happy holidays to you all.

This is from Dodie Gaudet:

Today, I took a tour of the Worcester Art Museum as part of the annual luncheon for the Academic and Research Libraries in the Central Region. Theexhibit (which is up until January 14) is called Mi Puerto Ricohttp://www.worcesterart.org/Exhibitions/puerto_rico.html During the tour,the guide showed us a still life that contained a machete (included becauseit was used to harvest the fruit in the painting) and said that the word"machete" came from the place where the item was manufactured - Manchester,England.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Alexis.

Had no problem posting this comment.